When you order from us
When you purchase a product or service from us, you have a right to cancel that purchase for up to 14 days after the order date. This does not apply to software downloads, like virus removal programmes (see Software Downloads below) or other exceptions (see Exceptions below).
After an order is placed, we will provide a receipt of purchase that describes the purchase, either at the time of purchase or at the time of delivery, with details showing the total price and how it was calculated. We agree to deliver your order within a period of 30 days from the date of order unless we have agreed otherwise with you.
When you purchase any software from us that needs to be downloaded, you will be required to accept (at the time of downloading) that by downloading the software, you waive your right to cancel your order with 14 days. In other words, an order cannot be cancelled once downloaded.
The above rules don’t apply when the goods or services are worth £42 or less.
From the moment we accept your equipment for repair, the following terms apply until we have repaired or otherwise returned your equipment ("Services") and received any payment due from you. We shall make all reasonable efforts to repair your Equipment subject to the availability of any parts required and/or the terms of any relevant guarantee or warranty.
- We shall notify you when the equipment has been repaired and posted out or available for collection. If you do not collect the equipment within 28 days, the equipment may be disposed of, and any monetary gains used to pay for any outstanding dues or charges.
- If we are unable to complete the service for any reason, or the service will incur further costs payable by you, we will notify you immediately.
- Our out of warranty/chargeable repairs or items supplied/sold by us are guaranteed for 28 days from the date the equipment is collected or sent out to you. If the same fault should re-occur within that time frame, we will repair it free of charge. If the equipment develops an additional fault unrelated to the original repair, this paragraph's repair warranty will not apply. Equipment/replacement parts must show no signs of wear or further damage. All warranty repairs are subject to the manufacturer’s warranty dates.
- We shall perform the services using all reasonable care and skill. Any time estimate for completion of the service which may be given to you is an estimate only and does not form any obligation under the terms of this agreement.
- The cost of repair may not fall within our standard charges where we do not generally support the equipment; we will provide you with an estimate of the cost of repair, and we will not repair the equipment until we have received your acceptance of that estimate.
- If we are unable to repair your equipment, no fault is found, or you do not accept our estimate, we will return your equipment to you unrepaired, and we reserve the right to charge you an inspection fee per our standard charges. Most normal situations will only require return postage to be paid with an inspection fee. We may keep your Equipment until all charges payable have been paid. (We may also charge an additional fee for storage of your equipment)
- In no event will we be liable for any damage to the equipment, loss of data, loss of revenue or profits, or any special, incidental, contingent, or consequential damages, however, caused, before, during or after service even if we have been advised of the possibility of damages or loss to persons or property. Our liability of any kind concerning the services, including any negligence on our part, shall be limited to the contract price for the services.
- We ask for your name and address and the other details so that we can notify you when your equipment has been repaired. We will not give out your information to any 3rd party.
- We may require your password to repair and test the functionality of your device both before and after repair. If you cannot or don’t want to disclose the details, then your device will be booked in as untested; any other faults with the device will not be covered under the 28-day warranty and will be quoted separately for repair.
- In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with a repair or have found a defect, then you must stop using the equipment and contact us immediately with details about your issue so that we can rectify the problem. If we have carried out a repair and it has been opened by a 3rd party other than ourselves or any further damage has occurred since we repaired, then any warranty or refund will be void. The equipment must be returned to us within 28 days of repair.
- In some cases, after repairing, your equipment may have a security seal or contain a water damage indicator; if either of these seals is broken or activated, then any warranty that was given on the repair will be void.
- All items that are sold or repaired by Momentum IT Solutions Ltd carry a 28-day warranty. Warranty excludes but is not limited to liquid damage, force damage, damage due to misuse, wear and tear, user, inflicted damage, software including malware, spyware, ransomware, virus infections, operating system updates & drivers.
- Items that are checked in to our workshop that we are unable to power on initially or check will be booked in as Dead On Arrival (DOA). This also means any other faults that occur or are found while being assessed/repaired will not be part of the initial quotation, and we will notify you about this during repair /assessment if we are aware of it; items that contain a password that we are not given or that have not been removed will come in and leave as untested; therefore any faults found will be assessed as a new repair.
- By leaving your equipment with Momentum IT Solutions Ltd, you are giving authorisation for us to examine and provide a quotation for repair. If the item can be repaired for £60.00 or less, we may proceed with the repair if it is cost-effective and depending on the value of the item. If the repair cost exceeds £60.00, a quotation will be provided before work being carried out unless a price has already been agreed upon
- There is a minimum £20.00 assessment charge on all items. If goods are not collected within one month of notification, a storage charge will be made a minimum of £5, a Maximum of £30 per week plus Vat. Any equipment left uncollected for longer than 3 months the goods will automatically become the property of Momentum IT Solutions Ltd, and we reserve the right to reclaim outstanding debts from the sale of said goods.
Returns, Refunds and Exchanges
You have the right to a free repair or replacement only if you:
- were unaware of a fault at the time of purchase
- have not attempted to repair the item yourself
- made a genuine mistake with the colour or size, and the original item is in brand new condition
When not damaged, we can only offer a refund on items where we made a mistake in our original recommendation.
Ways to pay
We accept all major cards, cheques and BACS.
Gift Vouchers are available for purchase in the shop. To use your Gift Voucher, you need to produce the voucher in-store to redeem against your goods. This voucher may be exchanged for goods of a higher price than the face value of the voucher on payment of the difference. This voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
Damaged or defaced vouchers cannot be exchanged. No liability will be accepted for the replacement or refund of lost, stolen or destroyed vouchers.
Gift Vouchers must be used within 12 months of purchase.
Privacy & Cookies
We may collect personal information when you:
- visit our website
- visit our (bricks and mortar) shop
Visiting our website
Visiting our website is done so anonymously; in other words, we do not track or aim to identify individuals through their use of our site, except to record pages visited. We record page visits to gain a better understanding of how our site is used and how we can improve it. We use Google Analytics to tracks these visits; as a result, you'll find Google Analytics cookies stored on your computer. You can delete these at any time. We additionally use a support feature called LiveZilla, which sets three cookies for keeping track of your visits to the site.
When you contact us using the contact form, you are required to leave a name and email address, which we store for reference purposes and to respond to your contact request.
When you contact us using the "Live Support" functionality, we record various elements, including name, email address and location of your IP address. These details are stored for reference purposes.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, you are required to leave a name and email address. These details are stored to allow us to send you electronic newsletters by email. We use your name to personalise the newsletters.
Visiting our shop
When you order or purchase a service or product from our (bricks and mortar) shop, we may need to record your name, address, telephone number and email address. We do this to enable the delivery of the order and/or for us to visit your property to carry out a survey or installation.
Your data is private.
We look after personal customer information very carefully. Our computer systems are password-protected, and sensitive stored data is encrypted. Once we have your personal information stored, you should be 100% confident that we do not sell or share it with anyone whatsoever.
We provide a range of support packages. Here's what you need to know about each:
This is a free, no-obligation service where we provide help, advice and feedback. Any help, advice or feedback given is done so in good faith. We are not liable for any damage to your property or services resulting from your actions. Always seek further information or professional assistance before carrying out any tasks you are not qualified to do.
We use remote support software that allows us to connect to your computers from our workshop based in Dingwall. While connected, we can control your computer (see our Remote Support Disclaimer below for more details).
We provide monthly or annual support packages at a fixed cost per computer. Payments are made via Standing Order.
Our remote support disclaimer
While Remote Support often provides a quick solution, we cannot guarantee a resolution remotely, nor can we ensure that further issues won't arise through our investigation. As a result, we may need to provide an onsite or back‐to‐base support call. We are not liable for any consequential damages, and it is the client’s responsibility to backup all applications and data before the session. Please close any personal or confidential information on your screen, as the technician will be viewing your desktop. By using our Remote Support service, you understand that:
- All remote service and software are provided at the customer’s sole risk.
- You are responsible for the backup of your data and applications.
- We are not liable for consequential damages of any kind.
- We are not liable for unauthorised access to anybody's computers via the remote software Logmein or ISL.
- We will not disclose passwords or IDs to any undisclosed 3rd party.
The ability for us to remotely access your computer significantly enhances our ability to resolve your technical problem quickly. You understand that, by requesting such assistance, you are providing our technical support personnel with access to and control of your computer. In doing so, you could be providing our technical support personnel with access to files that reside on your computer; therefore, you accept responsibility for any changes made to the desktop content or system settings. We do not assume and is not responsible for any liability for the linking and viewing of any desktop content, the operation of the remote access software or system performance. We recommend that, for your security and privacy, you exit any open applications that contain personal or confidential information before initiating a remote support session with our representative. We further recommend that you remain seated at your desktop throughout the entire remote session. By accepting these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that remote intervention may in some cases result in data loss and/or software corruption on your computer; therefore, we explicitly recommend that you back up the data from your computer before accepting remote technical support. If you do not back up your data, you run the possibility of irretrievable loss of such data, and we will not be liable for any data or extra costs incurred from 3rd parties, however, caused.
About the remote software we use
We use the software to provide remote assistance and technical support.
Features of this software include:
- Easy to use and secure. You are in full control and can end the session at any time.
- Completely secure data channels with key exchange and AES (256 Bit) session encoding, the same security standard used in HTTPS/SSL technologies
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems remotely
- Allow your support representative to view or control your desktop.
- Transfer files via direct transfer to or from the support representative (optional)
- The software will be installed onto your computer so that we can obtain remote access at any time with your permission. If you wish to uninstall the software or turn it off, please contact us, and we will explain how to do this.
Our remote connection
We will visit your site if the case arises that you need support for a system that Momentum has installed.
We provide monthly or annual support packages at a fixed cost per computer. Payments are made via Standing Order.
Annual support packages
We provide monthly or annual support packages at a fixed cost per computer.
Payments are made via Standing Order.
Promotions and prize draw.
Any promotional codes you find on our website or in our newsletters must be relayed in person when claiming that promotion. Promotions can only be redeemed in our shop.
We hold regular prize draws for our newsletter subscribers. Subscribers must be on our mailing list to qualify for any prize draw.
When you subscribe to our electronic newsletter, you agree to accept our regular correspondence by email. Please do not flag them up as spam. Also, you should add our email address to your address book to ensure future newsletters are delivered safely.
You are welcome to unsubscribe at any time.
You can contact us by email, telephone, live support or by popping into our shop. When you telephone us, the cost of the telephone call will be charged according to your location and telephone service provider.
Your acceptance of these terms
By visiting any page on our site, we assume that you have accepted our Terms & Conditions.
We are VAT registered, which means all our prices include VAT. Our VAT number is 930285926.