"Simplifying Tech With Personalised Advice"
We've been fixing ALL Computer ECO-Systems since 2006, so you can be rest assured knowing that your computer (and business) is in safe hands when you come to MOMENTUM.
We'll fix any computer, PC or Mac, tablets, laptops... even servers! Some common fixes include:
- software upgrades
- virus removal - See what our customers have been saying about us! "Been using MOMENTUM Cyber over five years and since then have had no problems with virus infections. No other security I have used in the last 25 years is as effective" "I have been using MOMENTUM Cyber for years now and have never had a breach of security on my PC. This security doesn't get the credit it deserves as other more advertised products appear to be always reviewed, but once you have discovered it, you won't need to shop around again." "Our company has been using MOMENTUM Cyber for about 4 years now, and we haven't been happier! It's a great service; the security component is seamless and uses minimal resources. Highly recommend for any IT dept to use this service for their company.
- data recovery
- password retrieval
- data backup
- data recovery
- cracked screens
- liquid damage
Got another type of problem? Let us know; we're ready to tackle anything!
Want to DIY?
When you come to us with a computer problem, we aim to diagnose issues quickly and put a permanent fix in place; we aim to get your computer back up and running ASAP. We fix your technology right the first time.
We perform a sequence of thorough diagnostic tests to identify the root of any problem. When possible, we apply fixes there and then, and when necessary, we replace any defective hardware or corrupted software.
BONUS: after running our diagnostic tests, you'll usually see a performance boost with slow-running computers and laptops.
In a rush? Need your computer fixed fast? We offer a special "On-the-spot" service with the ultimate goal being to repair your device there and then. Just bring your computer into the shop, and we promise to look at it immediately. If we can't fix it right away, we'll book you in for a full diagnostic.
Concerned about your personal data?
Don't worry about handing your computer over to us. As a registered organisation with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), we abide by the Data Protection Act 1998, which protects your right to privacy. Please find out more about the Data Protection Act and view our ICO registration details.
We also offer remote support... which means getting your computer fixed from the comfort of your armchair! Honestly, what could be better?
We use remote support software to connect to your computer from our workshop based in Dingwall. You install a programme that allows us to connect to your computer temporarily, and while connected, we investigate the issue you have. Give us a call or book a time here to arrange remote support; it could save you a long drive into Dingwall.
Fixing computers is just one of the things we can do for you; we also provide Managed IT Support Solutions, including:
Microsoft Office 365
With all the apps you know and love. Office 365 is best for productivity and allows you to get more done, anywhere you choose. When choosing a plan, most businesses opt for email first with Business Essentials at £3.99 per month but usually, the most cost-effective option for the people you employ is Business Premium at £9.99 per month. A perfect blend of online and offline features brings users the most enriched Office suite experience, all at their fingertips.
- Sharepoint and Office 365 - Allows your business to stay ahead of competitors. As well as the office products we all know Word Excel etc it includes SharePoint, Flow and many other tools to free up your time to run your business. A good example of this is Microsoft Bookings that can be integrated into your website to allow customers to get real-time insights into your calendar to book a meeting. Take a look at our booking for a 15 min chat with Gordon or Dale here.
- Local Networks
- VoIP Phones
- Cloud Storage
- Cyber Security
- Support contracts
A local network is where two or more computers are connected. This could be something like an office, hotel or shop, where a reception desk or electronic point of sale connects to the main office.
For small to medium-sized businesses who need to connect multiple computers and telephones on a local network, we can design and implement a secure solution to suit your needs.
Wi-Fi VoIP Phones
Internet phones are all the rage these days; the technology is called Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). You may have already used VoIP with services like Skype, Google Talk or Apple FaceTime. The idea is that you can make telephone calls using your internet connection... Yes! Make telephone calls without relying on a BT line or mobile provider!
Complete Wi-Fi Business Phone System
Migrate from your old complex tethered legacy on-premise systems and hardware to a more flexible and feature-rich roaming Wi-Fi cloud phone system.
Connect from all your favourite personal devices - Work From Anywhere - Loaded with Business Features
VoIP works by converting your analogue voice signals into a digital signal and piping it over your broadband line. And although your voice is digitised, you'll still be able to call people who are using older analogue equipment. You can even use your old landline device by plugging in a nifty adapter that enables VoIP calls.
We sell a small range of VoIP telephones in the shop.
The technical side of the business changes rapidly and incessantly these days. Before cloud computing services like Dropbox, Amazon S3, Google Drive, and Microsoft 365 became a thing, most businesses had to store, access and manage any digital data, specifically within their own brick-and-mortar establishment, had to rely on slow, cumbersome and costly in-house solutions. On top of that, these systems had to be managed by a qualified Systems Administrator. Don't even ask what happened if storage space ran out or the server stopped working properly.
Now, the good news is that all these hassles are taken care of with most Cloud Storage solutions today. Typical benefits include:
- off-site backups - where data is backed up off-site many times a day, meaning that if your premises were broken into or you had a disastrous fire, and all your computers were destroyed, your data would still be safe
- scaleable storage space - it's quick and easy to scale up storage space when running low
- distributed and fast - your data is backed up to a distributed network of cloud servers across the world, allowing fast and ready access at any time, even if one of the servers is temporarily unavailable
- multi-device access - access your files from any computer via desktop and mobile applications available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android
- collaboration - it's now straightforward to collaborate and share files across teams or locations
- versioning - as back-ups are stored incrementally, you can retrieve different versions of specific files
- cheap - you typically only pay for the storage you actually use
- green - businesses using cloud storage can cut their energy consumption by up to 70% making them a greener business
All sounds amazing, eh? Well, unfortunately, with all this power comes great responsibility. With GDPR in full force, storing masses of data in the cloud (we're talking potentially sensitive customer data here), you have the added responsibility of ensuring that it stays out of the hands of hackers. It's at this point; you need to choose which Cloud Storage solution to go for. Well, you'll be glad to hear that we provide an affordable solution that combines all the benefits described above. Lean on us, and we'll look after your data.
Keeping your computers healthy and free from viruses is vitally important, particularly if your business relies on your computers. At Momentum, we provide a lean and mean range of security measures that will keep you protected online.
Virus detection, DNS protection, filtered email solutions, remote maintenance support and proactive computer care.
In the world of IT, problems happen. Computers crash, passwords are lost, email stops working, and the list goes on. And without proper technical support in place, these problems can bring you to an abrupt – and potentially damaging – halt.
With your 24 x 7 x 365 help desk and onsite support in place, you will reduce costs and enjoy "peace of mind", knowing that our certified technicians will quickly and efficiently resolve even your most complex technical problems.
Help Desk supports:
- Microsoft and Apple desktop operating systems
- Microsoft Office and leading third-party applications
- E-mail applications and Web browsers
- Thin clients and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Hardware and network troubleshooting
- Printer installation and support
- Mobile phones and tablets
- User administration
- Desktop performance problems
- Virus and malware infections
- Backup and disaster recovery
Whatever aspect of your business you need help with, we can arrange a support contract that makes it more affordable for you from now on.
We like to think we provide peace of mind and offer unique solutions for your technical support because our optional tailored services provide exactly the level of support you require. Whether we act as your full-service IT department or help you at home, we are proactive in keeping your systems running at top performance to prevent problems. If there have an issue, we’re ready and waiting to jump in and solve it 24 x 7 x 365.
Need something we haven't covered above? A really technical issue? A hard-to-find product? Or perhaps something cutting-edge? We work with a rich source of suppliers and experts in every aspect of our business to tap into all sorts of detail and advice. Give us a call on 01349 865008 anytime 24/7 (or ask us using Live Support), and we'll endeavour to help.
Here are some types of support provided: